Friday, May 22, 2009

FRENCH FRIES

Well those chip wagons are in full force in our neck of the woods, and I truly wish that I could say that I have been strong and passed them by, but alas, the flesh is weak and I have had them ...twice already! Ahh sad but true. Today was just one of those days when I could no longer "fake" cleaning the house. The central vac hose was blasting all day. The steam machine came out for the floors and the furniture polish made an appearance in I don't know how long. For supper there was only me and after working practically all day I didn't much feel like cooking or for that matter making a healthy salad. Today called for fries the quick kind that you just fry up in a frying pan , I didn't even have the energy to pull out the deep fryer now all I need is some wine to put my feet up and dip my fry into the mayo.


This is my Boo Girl she is really ill even though she may not look it in this photo.
On the weekend of Mother's day Boo was not her energetic self. She refused to eat and drink and late Sunday night her breathing was a bit laboured. When I took her to the vet on Monday the blood work and X-Rays showed that Boo had Immune- Mediated Hemolytic Anemia. Basically her immune system is not recognizing her red blood cells as being Good and is attacking them. Red blood cells supply oxygen to all your organs. I could hardly believe what I was hearing, one day she was healthy the next day she wasn't! We are in for a long haul. Presently she is on Pepsid and 6 Prednisone pills a day, twice weekly visits to the vet for blood tests to see if her red blood levels are going up. She was as low as 16 and is now at 34 but needs to get to 50. The vet said that she would more than likely be on meds for 6 months and even then when she gets tapered off she may relapse. So needless to say, we are all concerned and hoping for the best.

This is Cherry, Boo's daughter, she is also real sad as she can sense that something is not quite right

Boo and Cherry are always together these are my girlies!





No comments: